Click for Nome, Alaska Forecast

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TOP TEN PICK - FROM THE HEART

As I mentioned, a lot of thought and reflection goes into the 'Top Ten Pick', but you can only pick once.  I decided, since "I'M" doing this blog, that I can have 'THREE' TTP's.  So, first, here are my picks of the people I want to win, and have won my heart by there racing, training, personal committment, and dog care:
JeanieB and Jessie R at 2008 Banquet

1-  Jessica Royer
2-  Dee Dee Jonrowe
3-  Hugh Neff
4-  Lance Mackey
5-  Ali Zirkle
6-  Zack Steer
7-  John Baker
9-  Martin Buser
10- Michelle Phillips 

Jessie Royer has been working consistently  since her first Iditarod when she  was Rookie of the Year.  She has run every year since then, placing never lower than 12th.  Her lead dog, Kuling, won the Golden Harness Award in last year's Iditarod.  Jessie is still 'under the radar' with the media, it seems, but not with her fellow mushers, who respect her and know she has the potential to win this race.  If it's not this year, it's coming!          
      

No comments: