Click for Nome, Alaska Forecast

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TOP TEN PICK - FROM MY GUT

You know what that means......I ought to count on it......it ought to be what I posted on the BSSD Forum, where I could win a hat and some Norwegian longjohns; but, no, I didn't go with my gut in "THE BIG TTP ON THE BSSD FORUM".  (Go to www.mushing.bssd.org/forum for lots of fun interaction with a wild but knowledgable group of Idita-Groupies)

Anyway, my 'gut' tells me that the finish may look like this:
  1. Sebastian Schnuelle
  2. Jeff King
  3. Hugh Neff
  4. Zack Steer
  5. Lance Mackey
  6. Jessica Royer
  7. Hans Gatt
  8. Cim Smyth
  9. Dallas Seavey
  10. Sven Haltman
Sebastian Schnuelle won the Yukon Quest last year, and stuck to Lance like glue most of the Iditarod, showing his dogs and he can seriously contend in back to back 1000 mile runs.  But, this year he skipped the Quest, which he seemed to love, to train that powerful team exclusively for the Iditarod.  He knows what he is doing, and you'd better believe he wants it bad, and he's ready!

1 comment:

kate and powder said...

Well, you've got Hugh Neff coming in third place according to your gut, your head AND your heart. So we shall see... Oh and did you post a finish time- I'll have to go check BSSD.

Hey have a great trip out- go find your soul.