Click for Nome, Alaska Forecast

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Video by Gatekeeper! Lance wins Iditrod #4!

Decisions, decisions. As Lois posted, we were anticipating the arrival of Lance Mackey as the winner of the 2010 Iditarod. We were housed in the most convenient place in Nome to watch the finish, a balcony from just across the Burled Arch. From past experience, I knew that going down the the finish line for the top ten meant fighting for just a glimpse of what was going on there. I've never gotten a good picture from that location, but being in the crowd as part of the celebration is intoxicating.
I shot this video of Lance from the balcony. It was a different perspective than I have ever seen the finish, and I really enjoyed seeing it.

2 comments:

JeanieB said...

Great video, Pam! You and you camera did fantastic on this one. So glad you are posting them on the blog.

kate and powder said...

What a fantastic vantage! You guys had it great! I think it was brilliant to give Lance a microphone on the run in so we could all listen in to his thoughts and talking to his dogs. I really enjoyed that. Maybe they have done that before, but I hadn't been aware...