Click for Nome, Alaska Forecast

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TOP TEN PICK - FROM THE HEAD

When I consider everything I have seen, heard (from reliable sources - teehee), from this year's racing and training, as well as history of past performance, using my brain only and ignoring my wishes, this is my TTP:

  1. Jeff King
  2. Sebastian Schunelle
  3. Hugh Neff
  4. Lance Mackey
  5. Jessica Royer
  6. Dallas Seavey
  7. Hans Gatt
  8. Martin Buser
  9. Paul Gephart
  10. Zack Steer
Jeff  King, a four time Iditarod Champion, is an energetic inventor of both quirky and highly innovative mushing strategies and equipment.  He says he is retiring from long distance racing this year, and has fallen in love with sprint racing.  We shall see.  If this is his last year, rest assured he will "bring it all" to the Iditarod Trail this year. 
Jeff King at 2008 Iditarod Start           

No comments: