Click for Nome, Alaska Forecast

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Surviving the wireless drought

Hi guys, I am here and wrote the most awsome blog yesterday, only to have it disappear into internet oblivion. Service is very spotty, so I'm only going to do shorter blogs until I am sure it's posting correctly. My first full day here was beyond a dream! My roommates are awesome and we feel like we have know each other for years. After a good night's sleep on Tuesday, we were full tilt into Iditarod preliminaries on Wednesday, attending Vet Check, spending time with Zoya DeNure, and a Lot of time with Yukon Quest and Iditarod Champion Lance Mackey. I am still floating from that! More about that later. From their we had lunch with 7 of the Iditasupport folks in Wasilla, and then went out to Happy Trails Kennel for a whole afternoon there with Martin and Rohn Buser and their dogs and family. The dogs are amazing, and as everyone has often reported, the mushers so real and approachable. We had such a great conversation about race strategy with Martin before the rest of a tour group arrived.

Right now, I have to be off to a meeting with my tour group. Jon and the BSSD kids are supposed to be here with Gatekeeper and I at the Snow City Cafe any minute. I hope they get here before I have to leave for my meeting. It's like Gatekeeper and I are sisters, our parallels are amazing. I'll stop now to finish my breakfast, but will be back with more about yesterday's adventure.

For you who haven't been here yet, it is much more than I could ever dream of, and I haven't even seen the start of the race yet! On to the meeting.

Mush on,
JeanieB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JB and SBT family: Glad you had a great time yesterday at the vet check. Nice pic June took of you all there next to tonya's truck! Isn't that Chugach something?