Click for Nome, Alaska Forecast

Sunday, February 17, 2008

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!

Two weeks until the Last Great Race begins! Note that today Lance Mackey, defending Iditarod and Yukon Quest champion, leads the Yukon Quest more than halfway through that great 1000+ mile race from Fairbanks to Whitehorse. It is a CLOSE race this year, with Ken Anderson right up there with him. To follow the 2nd half of the Yukon Quest, go to their new, beautifully updated site, http://www.yukonquest.com/ and click on race updates.

This is when I start to decide who I am going to select for my TTP's (top ten picks) for the Iditarod. I am for sure at a loss this year, as there are too many I want to root for to pick just 10. Lance was amazing last year, but can he do it again? Is his breeding program, or dog relationship, truly a cut above? I'm thinking, yeah. Some others on my list, Jeff King, Paul Gephart, Robert Sorlie, John Baker, Ed Iten, Mitch Seavey, Jessica Royer, Aaron Burmeister, Zach Steer, Ken Anderson, Martin Buser, DeeDee Jonrowe, and Ali Zirkle. I might have missed a few. When I decide, I'll post my TTP over at the BSSD site on the forum, where the winner wins an Iditarod Hat! I'll narrow my list after consulting my 'intuitive self'.

1 comment:

marymay said...

Lois, I sent you an email with Leslee's phone number. Her 'puter's down and she sent the number through a call to her cousin.

Have a fantastic trip!! I'll be shivering beside you in spirit!

First grade till forever friend,
marymay