Click for Nome, Alaska Forecast

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

On My Way

Alright, JeanieB (and we are soon to have a discussion about where this moniker came from, it is so far away from your real name) here I am. sitting in the Eugene airport, waiting for the first leg of my flight to Anchorage. Saying good-bye to my little Sibe was the hardest thing I ever did (My husband KNOWS I'll be back). she smiled and wagged her tail, doesn't know what all this extra attention is for, but gee, it's terrific!
I am so excited! This is not my first trip, but I will be volunteering with the ITC for the first time, looking forward to meeting a bunch of people that I only know from their internet postings, and I am terribly excited! I will also get to to to Nome and see the finish.
There are so many people on their way to Anchorage this week. Just check the postings at the various sites. It seems we all are on our own journey, our trails wind together and apart. For me, I marvel at the dogs, their ability and athleticism, and the people who love them enough to care for them and share their lives.
GK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keeper of the Anchorgate! Welcome once again to the Far North. See ya at the Burled Arch!