Click for Nome, Alaska Forecast

Thursday, March 6, 2008

JeanieB has been stuck at Finger Lake with her tour group. The day trip on Monday has turned into a real Alaska adventure! I imagine she's having the time of her life. I have not heard from her. Let's hope that she gets out. I can't wait to hear about her trip first hand.
I spent a long night in the communications room on Tuesday. Went to bed at 6:00 yesterday morning, and then got a phone call at 8:30 from our stuck in Rainy Pass roommie. She was supposed to fly out home to NJ yesterday, and now needs to rearrange her flight. She wanted me to return her car so that she will not be charged late fees. So wide awake, and back in the dog yard. With the planes grounded, we did not get any dogs in until noon. I'm on my way back out to the dog drop now.
I am attaching a link to the photos taken at the Anchorage Dog Drop Tuesday. We did have a brief lift of the weather and got a few in. Notably, Lance's Hobo came in. All the dogs were in good shape, mostly sore joints or muscles. One girl in heat. and a couple that just were tired enough not to keep up with their teammates.

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/cujnhoop/2008%20Iditarod%20I/?albumview=slideshow


http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/cujnhoop/Anchorage%20dog%20drop/



Gatekeeper

No comments: