Click for Nome, Alaska Forecast

Sunday, March 9, 2008

BACK FROM FINGER LAKES DETOUR

Wednesday, March 5
I am finally back after a major detour on my Iditarod dream. Gatekeeper let you know that I got ‘weathered’ in at Finger Lakes checkpoint, about 100 miles (?) from Anchorage, as the crow flies, and 198 miles down the Iditarod trail. Since I missed a lot of days, I will fill in with stories about experiences that are old news now, as far as the Race goes. Sorry for the delay, but this trip is being done by Alaska time! What I will do now is post separate experiences, so you can pick and choose what you want to read.

I wrote all these as I went along, on bits and pieces of paper that I could find, including some on paper towels and toilet paper at Finger Lakes (no kidding!)

Catching up on sleep,
JeanieB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the truly backcountry experienced, the "paper on the roll" is called AP. Stands for "All Purpose", and it sounds like you were able to use it as described. Glad you were able to make notes and thanks for posting. Yes, goiing is still on my list. Glad you had a great time. SC-race-fan